Fashioned after hit shows like So You Think You Can DanceTM and Dancing with the StarsTM, local Atlanta non-profit, EDIN (The Eating Disorders Information Network), and Dance 101 are joining forces again for the 2011 Celebrity Dance ChallengeTM. Local Atlanta celebrities partner with Dance 101 teachers and compete by dancing for votes! The number of fan votes received determines winners. Anyone can vote for his or her favorite celebrity for as little as $1.00 per vote. Tickets to the performance are $25.00 plus tax & service charge. Tickets are on sale now:http://www.woodruffcentertickets.org.
HLN Anchor Christi Paul & CBS Better Mornings’ Brandon Rudat who both competed last year, return as this year’s emcees. Richie Arpino and Ofelia de la Valette return as judges with a new addition, Me! [I competed in the 1st annual and was the first runner up, I danced in the opening group number last year and now, I'm so excited to come back and NOT have to cut a rug.]
Former American Idol finalist, Anoop Desai will be the guest performer. He recently released his first EP, All Is Fair.
Celebrity Dance Challenge is Saturday December 3rd at 7pm, 14th Street Playhouse.
AND your 2011 DANCERS:
- Patric Bell, Local Celebrity Chef
- Julio Cesar, L’Oreal Professionnel Design Artist
- Alyson Steiniger Howard-Hoag, CEO/Founder, Authentic Beauty
- Kristin Klingshirn, Member of Q100’s The Bert Show
- Ginair Goodwin McKerrow, LCSW, Psychotherapist & Philanthropist
- Samantha Mohr, On-Camera Meteorologist at the Weather Channel
Who’ll win? YOU control the votes!!