If you’re a regular fashionado visitor then you know I support many charities and you know I that have a special place in my heart for pets. I want to tell you about a very unique non-profit called Ahimsa House. They are special and unique because they not only assist the victims of domestic violence but their pets (dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, etc.) as well. Many domestic abuse victims stay in their dangerous environments out of fear that their pet will be hurt by the perpetrator!
Ahimsa House “helps humans and animals reach safety together.”
Click on the video below for an understanding of Ahimsa’s mission.
On Saturday, Oct. 23, Ahimsa House will host it’s second-annual Walk N’ Wag from 10 am-2 pm at Chastain Park. Sponsored by UPS, this festival draws well-heeled pet lovers from across the metro area.
- The event will feature a 1-mile pet parade, a silent auction, microchipping & nail clipping by a Vet, Pet Contests with Celebrity Judges (click here to learn more), Vendor Booths (click here to see current list of vendors) and Live Entertainment by Henry Porter Indie Rock Band
- Registration fee: Adults: $25, Child 12 and under $10, At the door: $30 all categories
- To register for the Walk N’ Wag, visit: http://ahimsahouse.org/ahimsa-house-walk-n-wag/walk-n-wag-registration
- Every dollar we raise goes to a great cause. Last year, the Ahimsa House 24-hour crisis line received calls from 31 counties across Georgia and provided 3,137 nights of safe shelter for animal victims of domestic violence. More than 90% of donations directly support the people and animals we serve.
- Contest judges: Holly Firfer, E. Vincent Martinez, Richard Eldredge (Link: http://ahimsahouse.org/ahimsa-house-walk-n-wag/contests-talented-dogs)
* The contest doggie winner will model in January’s Doggies on the Catwalk fashion event.
Last year’s winner, Sir Calvin with Tom Sullivan: